This is a seriously tasty yet ridiculously simple dish to throw together. Perfect as an accompaniment to roast chicken, salmon, steak or even on its own. This is a great one to make a big batch of on the weekend for weekday lunches. The pesto (which is dairy free – although you wouldn’t know it!) is also wonderful tossed through zoodles, or coated on salmon and thrown on the BBQ.
Have you got your copy of my new cookbook yet? Over 50 gluten free and refined-sugar free recipes (many which are dairy free and thermomix friendly) that I have created to feed my family during our 10 year journey to help my husband shed an amazing 60 kilos. So far the feedback has been wonderful and I am so proud of it! If you like the idea of delicious, simple and healthy food that the whole family will love you should head over and check it out! www.theshrinkinghubby.com/buy-book – thank you for your support
Roast Veggie and Macadamia Pesto Salad
- 1 large eggplant (aubergine)
- 1 leek
- 1 punnet (about 1 ½ cups of button mushrooms)
- ½ Butternut pumpkin/squash
- 3 Tablespoons of The Shrinking Hubby’s Macadamia Pesto (see below)
- Olive oil
- A few handfuls of salad greens (e.g. rocket, baby spinach)
- Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper
Chop the eggplant, pumpkin, mushrooms and leeks into bite sized pieces. Toss through the pesto and lay on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake for about 45 minutes at 180 degrees celcius (250 degrees Fahrenheit).
The Shrinking Hubby’s Macadamia Pesto
The macadamia nuts give this pesto a creamy twist ensuring you won’t even notice it’s dairy free!
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, toasted (you can dry-fry them in a pan – just keep an eye on them so they don’t burn!)
- 1 bunch (1½ cups) of fresh basil leaves
- 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves
- ½ -1 red chilli, seeded
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
Add all ingredients to your food processor and pulse until you reach your desired consistency. If using your Thermomix, add all ingredients to your mixing bowl and mix speed 6 for 3 seconds.