My friend Robyn runs a cooking demonstration/catering business called Mimi’s Kitchen – you can find her here. She has many delicious recipes in her repertoire but this tasty salad is truly sensational. I made it the first time for hubby a little while ago and he said it was one of the best things he’s ever eaten! If you don’t want to use yoghurt you can whisk up some hummus with lemon juice and a bit of tahini for a dairy free dressing.
Lamb, Lentil and Tahini Salad
What you will need:
400g lamb (either lamb steaks, loin or back straps)
1 leek, halved and finely sliced
250g sliced mushrooms
2 zucchini, halved and cut into crescents
1 bunch asparagus (chopped into 2 cm pieces)
1 tin lentils, drained and rinsed well
salt and pepepr
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup tahini
1/2 cup greek yoghurt
Juice of a lemon
Large handful of mixed leaves (spinach, rocket work well)
How to pull it together:
1. Generously sprinkle sumac, salt and pepper on both sides of the lamb.
2. In a large pan, heat some olive oil and garlic, then add the leek and fry until translucent and starting to brown. Add the zucchini, asparagus and mushrooms and continue to fry until they soften (about 10 minutes).
3. In a separate pan (or on the bbq – this is my preferred option) cook the lamb for a few minutes on either side until cooked through, but tender. Set aside and slice into thin pieces. (try not to eat it all at this stage – it is very yummy!)
4. Meanwhile, whisk the tahini yoghurt and lemon juice in a small bowl with some sumac, salt and pepper.
5. On a platter/in a largebowl place the mixed leaves, followed by the vegetables. Add the lentils, then the lamb. Drizzle the dressing over the top and serve.
Mmmm cooking up the veggies …
Enjoy – and don’t forget to follow me on Facebook www.facebook.com/theshrinkinghubby and instagram @theshrinkinghubby!